Beans with Cottage Cheese

Slovenian Cooking, p. 13

250 g [9 oz] cottage cheese

1 kg [35 oz] cooked salted beans

100 ml [3.5 oz] sour cream

Salt

Chives

Chopped parsley

Mix the cottage cheese, the cream, parsley and chives, then add warm cooked beans. 

I get nervous when recipes don't specify exact amounts, but I think I did ok with this.

It's a nice beans-to-cheese ratio.


Serve cold.

Served with a little store-bought beef roast. (Careful eating too much with this dish - the beans are thick and filling!)


My Rating: 4/5 "What a unique dish! The beans taste almost smoky in combination with the other ingredients. (I used pinto beans since the recipe didn't specify - pintos are generally a safe bean, right?) The greens add nice counterpoint of fresh flavor. And the dairy? It just ties everything together in a soothing way. Give it a shot - it's quite satisfying."

Comments