Baked Chicken with Vegetables

Great Value

3-4 lb. whole chicken

2 cloves garlic

2-3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil

1 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano

1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme

1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil

4 baking potatoes, peeled and quartered

1 stalk celery

1 bag regular or baby carrots

3 cups low sodium chicken broth

Preheat oven to 400F.

Wash chicken thoroughly and pat dry.

Place garlic in chicken cavity and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.

Doop!


Mix extra virgin olive oil, oregano, thyme, and basil; then spread over chicken.

The flavor of the herbs doesn't really come through in the final product, but everything smells nice while you're cooking!


Place chicken in large roaster. Place potatoes, celery and carrots around chicken.

They weren't kidding when they said LARGE roaster. (By the way, I left the skin on the red potatoes I used and it really amped up the aesthetics of the dish.)


Add chicken broth. Cover and bake for 2 hours.

Uncover and bake for 15-20 minutes to brown chicken.

Chicken is cooked when thigh juices run clear.

Fortunately my parents were visiting and my mom has a much better idea of how to carve a chicken than I do.


My Rating: 3/5 "Everything gets cooked to a great consistency - moist and tender. I was especially a fan of the potatoes (which is unusual for me!). Unfortunately there isn't a ton of flavor, even with all of the herbs and seasoning you're supposed to add. But it's overall an efficient way to cook quite a bit of food at once."

Comments