Pee Wee Cookies

Pee Wee Scouts

¾ cup brown sugar

¾ cup white sugar

1 cup butter

2 eggs

2 tsp vanilla

1 cup oats

2 cups flour

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

2 cups cornflakes

1 (6 oz.) pkg. chocolate chips

½ cup nuts

This is one of the first recipes I ever made - possibly THE first. My mom was cleaning and found this sheet of paper where I had copied it from a Pee Wee Scout book. I thought I might as well give it a whirl again!


Mix sugars, butter, eggs, vanilla, oats, and flour well. Then add baking soda, salt, cornflakes, chocolate chips, and nuts. 

Ok, so after going to two different stores that had zero corn flakes in stock (what the heck?) I decided to just omit the granulated sugar and use Frosted Flakes instead. It was a delicious subsitution.


Drop small spoonfuls of dough on greased cookie sheet. 

These don't expand a ton, which is nice.


Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.

Cookiesssssss!

My Rating: 5/5 "I mean obviously these are going to be good. There are two kids of sugar plus chocolate chips. But the real win here is the A+ texture. The combination of oats and cornflakes makes for a glorious crunchy chewiness. And if you need further testimony, I sent a big Tupperware of these with my partner to share with his Boys' State counselor friends, and by the end of that night they were completely gone." 

Comments