Cilantro-Lime Aioli

The Southern Food Truck Cookbook, p. 87

1 cup mayonnaise

½ cup fresh lime juice

2 bunches cilantro, washed and stalks removed

½ cup fresh spinach

1 cup kosher salt

¼ cup black pepper

Combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, cilantro, spinach, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. 

So much pepper covering SO MUCH SALT.


Refrigerate.

I thought it might be nice on some chicken drumsticks. I was wrong.


My Rating: 1/5 "This might be the grossest thing I've ever made. It's... it's nothing but SALT. You put all of those delicious things in there and expect it to be refreshing but it's just so salty that even one little lick of it sends you flying to the fridge for a drink. And in case you don't believe me (because salt is definitely not my favorite thing to begin with), my husband who thinks that salt is the best flavor ever found this equally disgusting. We were both gagging trying to eat it. If you want aioli, find a different recipe."

Comments