Pork Chops and Mushrooms

101 Things to Do with a Slow Cooker, p. 103

4 boneless pork chops, ½-inch thick

2 medium onions, sliced

1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained

1 envelope dry onion soup mix

½ cup water

1 can (10 ¾ ounces) cream of mushroom soup

Place meat in greased 3 ½ to 4 ½ -quart slow cooker. Top with onions and mushrooms.

I should have realized at this point how onion-tastic the recipe was going to be.


In a separate bowl, combine soup mix, water, and soup. Pour over mushrooms and pork chops. Cover and cook on low heat 6-8 hours.

Until it looks like this!


Serve with baked potatoes.

The potato really was a good side for this.

My Rating: 2/5 "I was really looking forward to this because I like pork chops and I like mushrooms. Unfortunately the onions and onion soup mix joined together in a horrible alliance that drowned out all of the other flavors. The final result didn't smell good and it didn't taste good. A wasted pork chop opportunity."

Comments