Low-Fat Chocolate-Banana Parfaits

Jello and Cool Whip Summer Desserts, p. 84

2 cups cold fat free milk

1 package (4-serving size) chocolate flavor sugar free instant pudding

2 medium bananas, sliced

¾ cup thawed sugar free whipped topping, divided

My kid won't normally eat bananas, but he sure liked 'em when they were covered in chocolate pudding.


POUR milk into medium bowl. Add dry pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended.

SPOON half of the pudding evenly into 4 dessert glasses. Cover with layers of banana slices, ½ cup of the whipped topping and the remaining pudding. Top with remaining whipped topping

SERVE immediately. Or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Served in majestic George Washington glasses I found thrifting.


My Rating: 4/5 "It's everything you expect, and all of those things are pleasant so this is a happy little dessert. I subsituted a dairy-free coconut version of the Cool Whip and I thought it added a nice sort of tropical vibe to everything. (My partner did not agree that this was an upgrade.) If you like simple pudding desserts, this is a nice one."

Comments