Chicken Pot Pie

Mr. Dell’s

4 C Southern style hash browns

2 C diced cooked chicken

16 oz bag mixed frozen vegetables

½ medium onion, diced

2 cans cream of chicken soup

1 C milk

1 tsp lemon pepper

Pinch of cumin

1 ready made pie crust

Preheat the oven to 350F. Combine the ingredients in a large casserole dish. 

I used frozen peas and carrots and the end of a bag of stir-fry vegetables. The peas and carrots worked better.


Top with pie crust, making several slits in the crust.

Bake at 350F for 50-60 minutes, until bubbly and the crust is browned.

I bought a round crust and had to make it a rectangle. Things didn't turn out beautifully.


For food safety and quality purposes, this product must be cooked to a minimum internal temperature of 165F prior to eating, without overcooking.

Served in all its veggie-filled glory.


My Rating: 3/5 "I should preface this by saying that I'm not really a pot pie person, but I make them occasionally because my partner is a pot pie fiend. This one is bland, and I could have handled more chicken in all of the vegetables. If you get a nice crust, though, it's still a satsifying dinner."

Comments