Sweet Potato Banana Bake

Taste of Home Holiday October 2009, p. 26

2 cups mashed sweet potatoes

1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)

½ cup reduced-fat sour cream

1 egg, lightly beaten

¾ teaspoon curry powder

½ teaspoon salt

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients until smooth. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.

Cover and bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160F.

I'll spare you the gloop-stirring pictures and just show you the final product.

Served with some baked salmon and a nice Ceasar salad made by a friend.

My Rating: 4/5 "This is surprisingly striking and memorable. The seasoning is subtle but useful and it really ties the sweet potato and banana together. This is not a combination of things I would have thought of on my own; I was super-impressed with the results!"

Comments