Bluey Smoothie

Cooking in Color, p. 11

2 cups frozen unsweetened peach slices

2 cups tightly packed fresh spinach

1 cup frozen unsweetened blueberries

1 cup fat-free milk

1 teaspoon honey

Going in, this looks like a pretty standard smoothie.


In a food processor or blender, process all the ingredients until smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes, stopping to scrape down the mixture if necessary.

Pour into glasses.

Add color swap: You can substitute ½ cup frozen spinach for fresh spinach. Just add a few more splashes of milk if necessary.

I did use frozen spinach, but that didn't make the final product any less spinach-y.


My Rating: 2/5 "This is drinkable, but that's about the best thing I can think of to say about it. I could have sworn that most of the time when you put greens in a smoothie you put in enough other flavorful things that you drown out their taste. Not so here: The spinach is the overwhelming flavor in this. I mean, I LIKE spinach, but I discovered that I do not like drinking mostly-spinach smoothies."

Comments