Tropical Banana Sunrise

Malibu Rum

1 ½ part banana rum

1 part orange juice

1 part lemon lime soda

I checked four liquor stores before I found anything that even vaguely resembled banana rum, and it was this banana rum cream. As I discovered, this was not the kind of thing the recipe was looking for.


Serve in a tall glass. Garnish with cherry.

Yeah. So it turns out that when you mix Sprite with a cream-based substance it foams up into this weird meringue-like substance on the top of your drink. Blech.


My Rating: 3/5 "I'll be the first to admit that I screwed this up by using the wrong ingredients. But then I went back and re-made it later that evening using plain silver rum and the other two ingredients, and it wasn't spectacular that way either. I guess this just isn't the tropical cocktail for me. NOTE: I later went back and mixed the banana rum cream with just orange juice, and THAT was delicious!"

Comments