Scrumptiously Simple Crunchy Cod

Ian’s Natural

1 ½ lbs cod fillets (or any flaky white fish)

1 ½ c of your favorite milk alternative

1.5 Tbsp lemon juice, plus extra lemon wedges

1 c Italian Panko breadcrumbs

Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 450F.

Mix milk alternative with lemon juice.

Soak cod fillets in milk & lemon mixture for 10 minutes, then drain.

It's an interesting combination of liquids, but it really does nice things for the fish.


Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.

Pour breadcrumbs onto a large plate. Take each cod fillet and press it gently against the breadcrumbs, coating each side well. Place coated fillets on the baking sheet.

Bake on the top rack of the oven for 8-15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the fish reaches 165F.

Finish with a fresh squeeze of lemon.

Crispy crunchy!

My Rating: 4/5 "I should preface this by acknowledging that cod isn't my fish of choice. But if I had made this with another flaky white fish I think I would have been quite happy. The crumb mixture is exactly the consistency you want to coat your baked fish!"

Comments