Corn & Bacon Risotto

Essential Everyday

3 cups no salt added chicken broth

4 slices bacon, chopped

1 ½ cups frozen sweet corn, thawed

½ cup chopped onion

½ cup chopped green bell pepper

Dash cayenne pepper, optional

1 cup Arborio rice

½ cup half & half

½ cup shredded Italian style Parmesan cheese

¼ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley

I made this dish at my parents' house and had fun with their retro kitchenware.


In small saucepan over medium heat, bring broth to a simmer. Reduce heat to low; keep warm.

In large saucepan or Dutch oven saute bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain off excess drippings.

I thought my mom's 70s Dutch oven was especially cute.


Add corn, onions, green pepper and cayenne; saute until onions are softened (about 3-5 minutes). Salt and pepper to taste.

Cheerful colors!

Add rice; saute 2-3 minutes. Add 1 cup of warm broth; reduce to a simmer. Simmer, stirring frequently, until liquid is absorbed. Continue process adding ½ cup broth at a time until all liquid is absorbed. Add half & half with last ½ cup of broth.

Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.

It never says to put the bacon back in but you should probably do that before you serve it.

My Rating: 4/5 "I really enjoyed the combination of the sweet corn with the savory peppers and bacon. (My partner thought it was a little much.) It's definitely filling but I still went back for seconds."

Comments