Iced Bloody Mary

Brunch, p. 56

1 ¼ cups iced Stolichnaya or Absolut vodka

2 ½ cups tomato juice

Juice of 1 lemon

¼ cup Worcestershire sauce

½-1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce

2 ½ cups crushed ice

Put all the ingredients in a blender and pulse briefly to a coarse puree. 

I'm not cool enough to have crushed ice at my house.


Transfer to a bowl and freeze for about 1-1 ½ hours, until slushy and slightly icy. Using an electric or balloon whisk, beat briefly to soften. 

A fork is fine too.


The mixture should be creamy but just liquid enough to pass through a straw. Transfer to glasses and serve with short straws.

My straws are tall but eco-friendly. I'm hoping that's ok.

My Rating: 4/5 "Nice zing to this! It's a lot of acidic flavor without much grounding, though. I'm not sure what it needs but it does need something. Salt, maybe? Anyway, I really enjoyed the slushie consistency and the fact that this is definitely on the strong side."

Comments