Fried Egg Chilaquiles Verdes

Tostitos

½ bag cantina tortilla chips

1 jar salsa verde

1 tsp queso fresco

1 tsp cotija

1 tbsp Mexican crema

½ avocado, sliced

1 egg

1 tsp cilantro, chopped

Hooray for Salsa Verde!


Fry an egg in a lightly oiled pan. Set aside.

I made two servings. I shouldn't have, because one serving is quite enough for two people.


Pour your jar of delicious salsa verde into nonstick pan and heat on medium (it’s worth it #promise).

When hot, add the chips and carefully fold into the salsa.

Weirddddd


Once the chips are coated, transfer to a plate and top with queso fresco, cotija, avocado, creama, fried egg and cilantro.

It doesn't look too shabby, but what a strange concept for Chilaquiles!

My Rating: 3/5 "I thought that the chips would cook down more than they did, but you really just wind up with massive amounts of salsa-covered chips topped with a little bloop of more interesting stuff. And why is there just a single fried egg sitting on top? None of this makes sense. It wasn't the worst dinner in the world, but I definitely couldn't finish a whole serving by myself."

Comments