Razoo

Cook Along with Scoop, p. 130

4 cloves garlic

½ cup fresh pecans

Salt

½ cup olive oil

[Something to dip]

What you do is peel four toes (cloves) of garlic and chop them very fine along with ½ cup of fresh pecans. I mean, very fine! 

I used the food chopper to get this nice and smithereened. 


Add a pinch (thumb and forefinger) of salt.

Add to this, drop by drop, ½ cup of good, aromatic olive oil. It should smell like olives, not like nothing.

As you drip, whip hard and fast. In Pepe’s day it was done with  wire whip or ‘fouet,’ as the French call it. Today it can be done in an electric mixer, or even a blender on the low button.

Sooner or later it should become thick. When it does, quit. Then use it as a dip for almost anything: bread, celery stalks, cold meat or an old shoe.

Toast. I dipped toast. (And also had tots and ranch to make a dinner of dips!)

My Rating: 3/5 "This is unique and fun to try but I don't know that I'd be super-excited about having it again. The sweetness of the pecans is a little odd with the garlic. That said, I put some of this on a peanut butter sandwich the day after and that ish was GREAT. Highly recommend."

Comments