Ultimate Chicken Fingers

Bisquick

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb), cut crosswise into ½-inch strips

2/3 cup biscuit and baking mix

½ cup grated Parmesan cheese

½ tsp salt or garlic salt

½ tsp paprika

1 egg, slightly beaten

3 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted

My chicken came already stripped.


HEAT oven to 450F. Line cookie sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray. In 1-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix biscuit and baking mix, cheese, salt and paprika.

DIP half the chicken strips into egg; place in bag. Seal bag; shake to coat. Place chicken on cookie sheet. Repeat to use up remaining chicken. Drizzle butter over chicken.

Sooooo much butter!


BAKE 12-14 min, turning halfway through bake time with pancake turner, until no longer pink in center.

Served with a bloop of ketchup.


My Rating: 3/5 "I should preface this by saying that my toddler thought these were GREAT. I, on the other had, thought they were pleasant but bland. The buttery taste was nice, but they weren't as crispy as I expected and the paprika didn't add much for flavor. Maybe more spices might help? Or a savory dipping sauce?"

Comments