Green Chile Chicken Quesadillas

Mission

4 flour tortillas

2 cups chopped or shredded cooked chicken

½ cup canned mil or hot green chile sauce

1 tsp cumin

1 can (15 oz) pinto beans, drained

2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese (8 oz)

4 tbsp vegetable oil, divided

So I bought this thinking "jalapenos are green chiles so this is what I need" but this ended up being something red and tomatoey so don't do what I did.


In a medium bowl combine chicken, chile sauce, and cumin.

Lay tortillas on a work surface, and divide beans, chicken, and cheese between tortillas, placing all ingredients on ½ of each tortilla. 

So much stuffins!


Fold bare ½ of each tortilla over to cover fillings.

In a large nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Place 1 quesadilla in skillet and cook, flipping once, until golden brown on both sides, 2-3 minutes per side. 

After you put the quesadilla in the pan you're going to spend some time just standing there with a turner trying to keep its guts inside of it.


Repeat with remaining oil and quesadillas. Cut quesadillas into wedges and serve warm.

Also be aware that the recipe tells you to cook them waaaay longer than you need to. This was my LEAST burned quesadilla.

My Rating: 4/5 "This was good, and I'm giving it extra points because it would have been better if I had made it with an actual green chile sauce. It's a little chubby for a quesadilla, but the flavors all work well together and it's satisfying. Just don't incinerate yours like I did mine."

Comments