Oatmeal Fruit Bars

Solo

1 package yellow cake mix

2 ½ cups quick cooking oats

¾ cup softened butter or margarine

1 egg

2 cans (12 oz.) filling (raspberry, cherry, apricot, strawberry, blueberry, apple, or pineapple)

Preheat oven to 375F. Grease a 13” x 9” x 2” pan. Combine dry cake mix and oats. Add butter and egg and stir until crumbly.

Put ½ of mixture in pan. Press down lightly. Spread filling over mixture in pan. 

I made a pan of raspberry for a picnic and a pan of apricot for myself. Both were delicious but I preferred the raspberry.


Top with remaining mixture. Press down lightly.

Bake at 375F for 22-26 minutes.

Very "topographical map."


Cool before cutting into squares.

Gooey goodness.

My Rating: 5/5 "I couldn't believe how good these were when the ingredients were so simple. The ones I took to a picnic went over like gangbusters, which made me a little sad because I wanted to take them home and hoard them. Anyway, the cake mix adds a nice hint of richness to the overall effect while you get the benefits of eating the oats. Swing and a hit!"

Comments