Elegant Fruit Combo


1 16-ounce can peach halves
1 cup fresh cranberries
¼ cup sugar
1 large banana, sliced
1 pint vanilla ice cream

Drain peaches, reserving syrup. Place peach halves in a bowl; cover and set aside. In a 1-quart casserole stir together reserved peach syrup, cranberries, and sugar. 

I could only find dried cranberries, but after absorbing the peach juice they worked just dandy!


Bake, covered, at 350F for 1 ¼ hours.


To serve, stir reserve peach halves and banana slices into cranberry mixture. 

Here's the real elegance, of course - fruit out of a can! So posh!


Top each serving with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. 

Yaaay dessert!

My Rating: 3/5 "My partner really liked the dish, but the flavors were too dark for me to really drink the Kool-Aid. Ice cream helps everything, of course, and serving it over hot fruit is always a win. I'd recommend it as fare for the winter holidays if nothing else."

Comments