Cantaloupe, Berry, and Green Tea Soup

Atkins Best Recipes, p. 37

1 ½ cups ripe cold cantaloupe, cut into 1-inch chunks

1 cup ripe strawberries, hulled

½ cup cold sugar-free green tea beverage

8 fresh blackberries or small strawberries, for garnish

4 tiny mint sprigs, for garnish

When I checked out with this melon the grocery cashier said she'd never rung one up before and now I'm concerned for the future of cantaloupe.


Much less fancy in practice than it sounds in theory.




In a blender, puree cantaloupe and strawberries. With blender running, add tea through feed tube and process until smooth.

Evenly divide soup in shallow bowls. Add 2 blackberries or strawberries in center of each bowl and place mint sprig between the berries for garnish.

This was the last night of my Keto January and I think I lived it up pretty well.


My Rating: 4/5 "It's like eating a very low-key smoothie. Nothing too zazzy here, but that tranquil effect is what makes it nice. My partner gobbled his up and was noticeably upset that this didn't make enough for him to have seconds."

Comments