Angel Lush

Cool Whip

1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained

1 pkg. (1 oz.) vanilla flavor sugar free instant pudding

1 cup thawed fat free whipped topping

1 pkg. (10 oz.) prepared angel food cake, cut horizontally into 3 layers

10 fresh strawberries

This was the smallest Jello I could find and it seemed to work out well. I wonder if the 1 oz. recommendation was a typo?


Angel food cakes are tougher than they look. I thought this step would be... well, cake... but it took a second and my results weren't very symmetrical.

Mix pineapple and dry pudding mix in medium bowl with whisk until blended. Stir in whipped topping.

Stack cake layers on plate, filling layers and topping with pudding mixture.

I think it came out attractive regardless, though.


Refrigerate 1 hour. Top with strawberries just before serving.


My Rating: 4/5 "I was expecting this to turn out more like a trifle for some reason, but it's really a nice layer cake. The angel food maintains a good firm structure while the filling adds a nice moist quality to the drier cake. Hooray for pineapple fluffy stuff!"

Comments