Garlic Cheese Bread

Essential Everyday

1 loaf French baguette bread

½ cup butter, softened

½ cup shredded Italian style six cheese blend

1 tablespoon minced garlic

1 teaspoon Italian seasoning

1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese

I looked at the baguettes at Ken's but they seemed too thin for this to work well. Here's one of the big chonk French breads instead.


Cut baguette in half; cut each half horizontally creating 4 sections. Place on baking sheet; set aside.

In small bowl, combine butter, six cheese blend, garlic and Italian seasoning. 

So far so garlicky.


Spread over bread. Top with mozzarella cheese.

Bake in a preheated 400F oven 10-12 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.

I was going to serve this with pasta and then I realized I didn't have any pasta. Whoops.


My Rating: 3/5 "It's the classic complaint - not enough garlic. The cheese was nice, and so was the seasoning. But where was my big flavor whammy? I guess this is a nice garlic bread for people who don't like garlic."

 

Comments