M&M Cookies

Feed Me, I’m Yours, p. 89

1 cup liquid shortening

1 cup brown sugar, packed

½ cup sugar

2 eggs

2 tsp. vanilla

2 ¼ cups flour

1 ½ tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. salt

1 cup (or less) M&M candies

Cream shortening, sugars, eggs and vanilla. Mix dry ingredients and combine with creamed mixture. Drop by the teaspoonful on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten to not more than 2” diameter. 

Smooshing added a really nice shape to the cookies.


Decorate with 4-6 candies per cookie but do make sure, to avoid being hassled, that the number of M&M’s IS THE SAME FOR EVERY COOKIE.

Four it is, then.


Bake at 375F for 8-10 minutes. After baking, it is common for the candies to crack.

I kind of wish I had color coded.

My Rating: 4/5 "A solid approach to a classic cookie. Interesting that the M&Ms were on top instead of mixed in, but it worked. Although they were a little dry, there was a nice crunchy sweetness to the cookies that I relished."

Comments