Arctic Salad

Casa Blanca Cuisine, p. 28

3 oz. cream cheese

2 T. mayonnaise

2 T. sugar

1 (No. 1) can cranberry sauce (whole)

1 (9-oz.) can crushed pineapple

½ c. chopped walnuts

1 c. whipped cream (whipped)

I was happy to see that the whole berry cranberry sauce also has ridges.


Soften cream cheese. Beat in mayonnaise and sugar. Add cranberry sauce, pineapple and walnuts. Fold in whipped cream. 

There was a note on the recipe about doubling it to put it in a mold. I tried that and ended up with WAY more salad than my Tupperware (RIP Tupperware) could manage.


Freeze.

It took a lot of elbow grease to get it out, but the mold really added to the effect!

Interesting aesthetic.

My Rating: 4/5 "This isn't bad (which is high praise because I was worried it would be). The flavor is nice - we were actually able to convince my 3YO that it was strawberry ice cream. You have to let it soften a bit before you eat it, but once you do it's quite nice. Just maybe don't put it out with something hot because going back and forth between temperature extremes got weird when I served this with pasta."

Comments