Old-Fashioned Barbecue Sauce

Grandma’s Molasses

1 cup ketchup

½ cup molasses

¼ cup vinegar

¼ cup Dijon mustard

2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce

1 tsp. garlic powder

¼ tsp. cayenne pepper

¼ tsp. hot sauce

This seemed like a solid choice of vinegar.


Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Makes about 2 cups of barbecue sauce. 

Look at that color!


Use for basting or marinating ribs, chops, chicken, or burgers.

I popped it in the Crock Pot with six pork chops on Low for six hours. The results were wonderful.

My Rating: 5/5 "This is one of the best barbecue sauces I've ever had. I kind of can't believe I made it with my own hands. It has that wonderful deep, rich molasses flavor, but the tartness from the vinegar and mustard make it really memorable. Add that nice dose of heat from the cayenne and hot sauce and you're in hog heaven!"

Comments