Rice Pudding



1 cup white uncooked rice
1 cup sugar
4 cups milk
3 eggs
1 ½ cups milk
2 tsp. vanilla
¼ tsp. salt
Nutmeg, or cinnamon

In slow cooker, mix together rice, sugar and 4 cups milk.

Not a recipe for the lactose-unhappy. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure it would taste damn delicious with AlmondMilk.


Cook on High 3 hours.

Try to resist the temptation to peek! The steam that collects in the lid is what cooks the top part of any slow-cooker dish.

Beat together eggs, 1 ½ cups milk, vanilla, and salt. 

Mooooooooore milk!


Add to slow cooker. Stir.

You know my recipes are legit because I made a mess cooking them. Take that, Food Network.


Cook on High 25-30 minutes.

Sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon. 

Nutmeg - always FTW.


Serve warm.

If you want to keep it classy, you probably won't eat an entire big bowlful of this for dinner. On the other hand, doing just that made me really, really happy.


My Rating: 4/5 "I love vanilla, so this was awesome. It's heavy, though - be warned."

Comments