Black Cow



1 ½ tablespoons chocolate sauce or store-bought syrup
About 1 ¼ cups root beer
2 scoops vanilla ice cream

Put the chocolate sauce or syrup in the bottom of a large ice cream soda glass. Add half the root beer and mix well with a long soda spoon. Add half the root beer and mix well with a long soda spoon. Add 1 scoop ice cream, then top up the glass with the remaining root beer.

When you pour the rest of the root beer on top of the first scoop of ice cream things get REALLY foamy. Look out!


Traditionally, the remaining scoop of ice cream is balanced on the rim of the glass—press it down firmly so it doesn’t dive onto the table.

I just plopped the second scoop into the cup because balancing it on the edge seemed impossible. But this is kind of what it would have looked like if I'd done what I was supposed to!


VARIATION: Brown cow – substitute cola for the root beer.



My Rating: 4/5 "I don't even like root beer and I thought this was great! (My husband absolutely adored it - it took him about two minutes to drink the whole thing.) It's syrupy, so if that's not normally part of your diet it might take some getting used to, but on the flip side if you substitute diet root beer and low-fat froyo this is a pretty low-calorie treat!"

Comments