Security Cinnamon Toast


8 slices white bread
½ stick (1/2 cube) butter
6 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 scant tablespoon cinnamon

Melt butter with sugar and cinnamon. 

Such cinnamon sugar!


Cook gently while toasting bread on ONE side only in broiler. Spread untoasted side of bread with sugar mixture and place under medium-hot broiler until sugar is crusty and bubbly.


Another way Linus does it is make toast in toaster. Then he spreads it with butter immediately, and shakes a spoonful of cinnamon sugar (2 tablespoons sugar mixed with a teaspoon of cinnamon) over the buttered toast. 

So I kind of mixed these two methods: I toasted the toast in the toaster oven, and then I spread it with the cinnamon-sugar gloop.

My Rating: 3/5 "This was less comforting than I thought it would be. The gloop was really thick and scratchy and reeeaaaaalllly sweet. I mean, you can't go TOO wrong with cinnamon-sugar, but it certainly wasn't was I was expecting."

Comments