Chili Con Queso Cheese Dip


1 lb. ground beef
½ cup chopped onion
1 cup Velveeta cheese, cubed
10-oz. can diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 can evaporated milk
2 Tbsp. chili powder
Tortilla chips

Brown ground beef and onion. Crumble beef into fine pieces. Drain.

Doesn't it just crumble by itself?


Combine all ingredients except tortilla chips in slow cookers.

I wasn't aware that you could get mini-sized Velveeta. But yay for portion control!

This... this is the prettiest that this recipe is going to get.

See?


Cover. Heat on Low 1-2 hours, until cheese is melted.

Serve with tortilla chips. 

Give it a good whisking before you serve it. Or, I suppose a good whiskeying, but it will need to be whisked even then.


My Rating: 3/5 "I'm not entirely convinced that Velveeta is food. Still, if you want a good ol' traditional football game recipe, this one fits the bill. I took this to a Super Bowl party. And then I ate the leftovers. Which was fun the first night but not so much the second." 

Comments