Mock Mojito Drink

Albertsons Fresh Summertime Fun, p. 34

1 (0.75 ounce) package mint leaves, stems removed
2 tablespoons sugar
3 cups fresh limeade
1 ½ cups club soda
Ice cubes


Roughly chop mint leaves and place in a 2-quart pitcher; add sugar. 

I got some of that mint that comes attached to a little clod of dirt at the bottom so it's still alive in storage. And then I became a cold-blooded murderer.


Using a muddler or spatula, vigorously press mint and sugar together until well combined (muddling). 

I used a snide bowl scraper that my mother got me for Christmas. It worked.

And then it's all flat and sweet and stuff. 

Add in limeade and club soda; stir to combine. Fill pitcher with ice; stir. 

I served it with a pastrami sandwich from the deli at Target. But you could just drink it by itself and you'd still be in heaven.


My Rating: 5/5 "Frankly I think this is better than a real mojito. It's more tart and refreshing. Plus it can't give you a hangover. Drink this for a moving experience on a hot day. Or drink it on a cold day if you really want. But you should drink it."

Comments