Mashed Potatoes


6 medium potatoes
Water
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup milk
4 tablespoons butter
¼ teaspoon salt

Peel the potatoes. Cut each potato into 4 pieces.

So far, so good.

Put the potatoes into a saucepan and cover them with water. Add 1 teaspoon salt.

Cover the pan and place it over high heat. When the water begins to boil, or bubble quickly, turn the heat down to medium.

Let the potatoes boil for 20 minutes, or until they are soft when pierced with a fork.

Drain the hot water from the pan of cooked potatoes.


Mash the potatoes in the pan. 

I had only ever mashed sweet potatoes before. I was relieved to find out that this was much, much easier.


Add the milk, butter, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Keep mashing until the potatoes are light and fluffy. 

All fluffed up!


Spoon them into a serving bowl. 

Served up with some Trader Joe's Pot Pie.
My Rating: 4/5 "I am not, NOT a huge potato fan. But I liked these! And now I can say that I know how to make mashed potatoes, which until now was a huge gap in my culinary abilities."

Comments