Easy Strawberry Shortcake Trifle

Cool Whip

1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) vanilla flavor instant pudding

1-1/2 cups cold milk

2 cups thawed lite whipped topping, divided

1 prepared angel food cake (10 inch), cut into 2-inch pieces

3 cups sliced fresh strawberries

I couldn't find an angel food cake in the bakery or in the freezer section. (And I went to the old people grocery store and everything!) I made do with this delicious alternative.


BEAT pudding mix and milk in medium bowl with whisk 2 min. Stir in 1-1/2 cups whipped topping.

PLACE half the cake pieces in large serving bowl; top with layers of half each of the pudding mixture and strawberries. 

So simple!


Repeat all layers

TOP with remaining whipped topping.

REFRIGERATE 1 hour.

Trifles are tragic because they're so pretty and then you have to wreck them to enjoy how delicious they are.


My Recipe: 5/5 "I'm a sucker for trifles. This one was seasonal and satisfied my craving for springtime foods, plus it was cheap and easy to make. You can't go wrong with that visual presentation!"

Comments