Big Bird’s Sunny Days Lemonade


2 cups water
¾ to 1 cup sugar
Juice of 4 large lemons (1 cup)

Combine the water and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar.

Roll the lemon on the counter with the palms of your hands, pressing down hard with one hand on top of the other.

Halve and juice the lemons. Remove the sugar syrup from the heat and stir in the lemon juice. 

I'll admit that I cheated and used lemon juice from a bottle. And I am only a little ashamed.

Set aside to cool completely. You can store the lemonade syrup in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to one week.


To make lemonade, place ¼ cup of lemonade syrup in a glass, add ice cubes, if you like, and fill with water or seltzer. 

I packed up the syrup for Matt to take to a party for his students. He just dumped it in the pitcher and added water.

My Rating: 3/5 "I never got to drink this because I sent it with my husband to a party, but he said it was good lemonade and the kids liked it. For something so simple to make that seems like high praise!"

Comments