Very Rich Hot Chocolate

 Chocolate Holidays, p. 41

1   ounce semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces

¾ cup boiling water

¾ cup milk

Whipped cream, for serving (optional)

Place the chocolate in a small saucepan. 

I used a mixture of semisweet and bittersweet.


Pour a little of the boiling water over the chocolate and stir until the chocolate is melted. Add the rest of the boiling water and the milk. Heat the mixture, whisking constantly, until it is hot but not boiling. 

:) 


For the best flavor and texture, avoiding exceeding 180F. Serve immediately or set aside and reheat gently before serving.

Whipped cream optional?! I think not.


My Rating: 5/5 "The best hot chocolate I've ever had. I'm not sure I'll be able to go back to the powdered mix stuff after this. And the best part is that it's not super-sweet! Rich, yes, but not overwhelming, and definitely delicious."

Comments