Tuna Casserole

Best Recipes: Main Street United Methodist Church 1972, p. 78

1 sm. can tuna, broken

2 hard cooked eggs, chopped

1 ½ C. mixed vegetables, drained

3 or 4 slices Old English cheese

1 can cream of mushroom soup

½ can milk

1 t. lemon juice

I Googled how to hard boil the eggs and discovered that there's some controversy about whether to start them in hot or cold water. I'll leave it up to y'all which one you pick. 



I've never seen Old English cheese in slices. I used cheddar.

Combine tuna, eggs, and vegetables. 

Oh boy. Canned mixed vegetables.


Heat soup, milk, lemon juice and cheese until cheese melts. Add to tuna mixture. Bake ½ hr. at 350 degrees.

And there you have it.

My Rating: 4/5 "If you appreciate this casserole for what it is (a mid-century easy-ish dinner) it really does hit the spot. It's not the most substiantial casserole; it's a lot of sauce so I ate it with a spoon. But it's cheesy and has nice variety of textures in there."

Comments