Beef Steak Sierra

Talk About Good!, p. 270

½ c. flour

1 ½ tsp. salt

1 ½ tsp. chili powder

¼ tsp. black pepper

2 lb. thick round steak

½ c olive oil

2 c. consommé

Pound first four ingredients into steak with meat pounder or edge of saucer. 

I own neither of those things so I used a mug


Cut into pieces and brown in oil quickly. Remove all but about 2 tablespoons oil. Add consommé and let simmer until done. 

Spoiler: Not a good idea


Add more consommé if needed.

Served with some bowties in Cajun alfredo and some air-fried frozen okra

My Rating: 3/5 "When I looked up how long it would take to simmer beef until done Chef Google told me to absolutely not simmer beef because it would come out tough and dry. No, I told myself, this recipe wants me to simmer it and that's what I'm going to do. It turns out, unfortunately, that Chef Google was correct. The beef was tough instead of juicy, although I'll admit the seasoning on it was pretty great. So maybe turn this into chislic or something instead and you can enjoy the seasoning a little more."

Comments