One-Pot Mac & Cheese

Good & Gather

2 cups vegetable broth (16 oz.)

1 cup milk

1 Tbsp. butter

½ tsp. salt, if desired

½ (16-oz.) pkg. elbow macaroni (about 2 cups)

1 (8-oz.) pkg. shredded Cheddar cheese (2 cups)

I mean, you could do elbow macaroni. OR you could do animal pasta!


Heat broth, milk, butter, salt and macaroni in large saucepan over MEDIUM-HIGH heat to boiling.

Reduce heat to MEDIUM and simmer uncovered 8 to 10 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring frequently.

Remove from heat; do not drain. Stir in cheese until melted. 

Such cheese!


Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Glistening with some broccoli and some apples that my partner cut shapes out of for the kids.

My Rating: 3/5 "I wish I had made this with a milder cheddar, because I think I would have liked it better that way. I also thought there was a bit much salt going on in there. But as far as consistency, this is a nice cheese sauce and honestly using the animal pasta made it more interesting than the regular elbows would have been."

Comments