The Complete Anti-Inflammatory Diet for Beginners, p. 69
3 cups packed baby spinach
1 green apple, cored
1 small ripe banana
½ ripe avocado
1 tablespoon maple syrup
½ cup mixed berries
¼ cup toasted slivered almonds (optional)
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
Combine the spinach, apple, banana, avocado, and maple syrup in a blender and blend until smooth.
![]() |
| I probably should have put the spinach at the top instead of the bottom. I had to add a little almond milk to get the blending process going. |
The mixture should be thick.
Divide the mixture between two bowls.
![]() |
| Healthy gloop! |
Top with the
berries, almonds (if using), and sesame seeds, and serve.
![]() |
| Using black sesame seeds adds a little something to the aesthetic. |
My Rating: 4/5 "I love smoothie bowls. This was a good one that was naturally sweet without tasting like dessert. The only thing I struggled with was the temperature, because nothing in the ingredients list was cold enough to make the final product feel authentically smoothie-ish. Maybe freeze the banana or something? Regardless, this is a great combination of flavors. I served it with Masa Real de Guaya, which was a nice pairing."



Comments
Post a Comment